Rongo o te Wā 2022
Rongo o te Wā gives Careers Advisors and International Directors the chance to learn more about how UC’s unique, world-class education experience gives graduates the edge.
We have an exciting two-day programme planned for this year’s event. Please note this programme is subject to change.
Day one | Thursday 8 September 2022
- 10.45am - Welcome & overview of the conference | held in Te Moana located in the Rehua Building
- 11.00am - Keynote presentation from Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic Catherine Moran
- 11.30am - Keynote presentation on the Future of Work from Lee Parkinson
- 12.00pm - Keynote session on our new Bachelor of Social and Environmental Sustainability from Bronwyn Hayward
- 1.30pm - Digital Screen Campus session presented by Adrian Clark
- 2.30pm - Quickfire updates from the Liasion Team
6pm Welcome Dinner
- UC will host a Welcome Dinner in the central city on the evening of Thursday 8 September.
Day two | Friday 9 September 2022
- Experience Rā Tōmene | Open Day. Design your day by choosing sessions, attending the info hub and joining our campus and accommodation tours.
Registrations are limited to one person per school/educational institute. If the event capacity is not reached prior, additional registrations (for more than one person per school) will be available. To express your interest please email email@example.com.
Travel and accommodation
- For those travelling to Rongo o te Wā from outside Ōtautahi Christchurch, each attendee will be offered one travel contribution to the value of up to $200 for flights or $60 for petrol. UC will book the flights for each attendee, as required.
- Those whose flights exceed the limit of $200 will receive an invoice from UC for the attention of the school / educational institute for the remaining balance.
- Once you have registered and have provided the required information, UC will proceed with booking your flights. As an attendee of Rongo o te Wā you are required to be at the full duration of the event, therefore arrival to Christchurch Airport will be approximately 9am on Thursday 8 September and departure from Christchurch Airport will be approximately 4.00pm on Friday 9 September. Additional flight times under the travel contribution or transfer times will not be available.
- Accommodation for those travelling from outside Ōtautahi Christchurch will be at Ibis Christchurch Hotel. This booking will be provided and organised by UC and includes breakfast. If you require extra nights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options that can be provided.
- Reimbursements for the distance travelled will be invoiced to the attendee’s school after the event.
- Parking vouchers will be mailed to attendees driving to UC in the weeks prior to the event.
- If you would like to discuss your credit or travel contribution circumstance, please email email@example.com
Rongo o te Wā gives Careers Advisors the chance to learn more about how UC’s unique, world-class education experience gives graduates the edge.
Rongo o te Wā is free to attend, including accommodation and food. Travel reimbursements are available for one attendee per school located outside of Ōtautahi Christchurch.