Study Courses in Sexuality and Gender
The Cultural Studies programme (College of Arts) has a pathway of study dedicated to Gender and Sexuality. Courses feeding into the Cultural Studies pathway in Gender and Sexuality are taught within Anthropology, Cinema Studies, English, History, Human Services, Maori and Indigenous Studies, and Sociology. This means that students can enrol under the host department's code (eg, ENGL332 Sexualities in Culture) or via the Cultural Studies code (CULT303 Sexualities in Culture).
A list of courses currently being offered can be found here. It includes courses like the following:
- CULT132 - Cultural Studies, Reading Culture
- CULT214 - Cinematic Sin and Sensuality
- CULT214 - Sexualities in Culture
- CULT419 - Heroines in History
- HSRV208/308 - Gender Sensitivity and Human Services
- MAOR365 - Mana Wahine: Māori and Indigenous Women
In addition, the School of Law offers a new 300-level course called Gender and the Law, while the College of Education has a 300-level course that covers diversity called Diverse Learners and Inclusive Education.