Eight key things to do during an emergency
If you are aware of an emergency event:
- Keep calm.
- Alert those around you.
- If you have received instructions follow those instructions.
- If no instructions have been provided, use your best judgment.
- If you require urgent assistance, call ext. 6111, or 0800 823 637.
- Updates and information will be available on the UC Facebook page and Twitter (both searchable from a mobile device).
- If the above platforms are disrupted, information will be relayed according to whatever means are available and best suit the situation.
- Above all else use your common sense and keep calm.