- Familiarise yourself with the information in this site telling you what to do and what to expect.
- Enter the emergency on campus contact phone number into your cell phone (0800 823 637). If you have access to an internal phone make sure the on campus emergency phone number is visible for users (see contacts page for details).
- Check the emergency procedures, either the PDF files on the emergency procedures page, or 'flip charts' in all departments and service units. It's best to know beforehand what to do in an emergency.
- Familiarise yourself with the following emergency and help information available on the Campus Maps:
- Ensure your Personal Emergency Kit is stocked with the necessary items you may need.
- Check the the UC Facebook page, Twitter and the UC Emergency home page of this website for up-to-date information. If these means of communication are disrupted, information will be conveyed to staff and students via whatever means are available and best suit the situation.
As a responsible and safe employer, the University is committed to ensuring we are well prepared to respond quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
Preparing for/experiencing an emergency/disaster
- Christchurch City Council Civil Defence website
- How to be prepared at work (Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management website)
- Canterbury Civil Defense Emergency Management website
- Get ready, get through website
- Fighting the flu (PDF)
- All right? – Live Brighter