- Appeals Regulations
- Student Concerns, Complaints or Appeals Meetings: Information for Staff (pdf, 37KB, Staff Intranet) (Staff Only)
- Suggested Format for a Decision letter for Student Complaints and Appeals (Word, 43KB, Staff Intranet) (Staff Only)
- UC Privacy Statements
- University Regulations
University staff are concerned with pastoral care for their students. From time to time staff members may have a concern about a student. You can only raise those concerns with the student involved. Resources to help support students that you can direct them to are located on the Who can help me? page.
If you think the student's behaviour may pose a risk to the health or safety of another student or staff member, you should contact UC Security and Campus Community Support.
See Raise a complaint about a staff member (HR Toolkit - staff only)
All University staff can refer issues of suspected academic dishonesty or a breach of discipline to a University Proctor. Please contact one of the proctors below to discuss your concern.
Professor Deirdre Hart (Faculty of Science - School of Earth and Environment)
Associate Professor Matthew Barber (Faculty of Law)
Te Hurinui Clarke (Faculty of Education)
Professor Karen Scott (Faculty of Law)
Stephen Hickson (UC Business School)
Professor Jennifer Brown (Faculty of Engineering)
UC Documents and information
General - relevant to all students and staff
The primary sources of further information can be found in the UC Policy Library and in the University Calendar which holds all the Regulations and Statutes that govern the University.
Some documents that contain important information for all students include:
External websites with official sources of information
- Office of the Ombudsman website
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner website
- International Education Appeal Authority (IEAA) website
- Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021