Sexual Harassment & Sexual Assault
If something has just happened on campus to you or someone you know:
- Get to a safe place if you are able.
- Call UC Security on 0800 823 637 or through one of the Help Towers stationed around campus. UC Security will take the appropriate steps to ensure your safety and access to support.
- If you don't feel comfortable calling UC Security, consider calling someone you know and trust or the Police (dial 111) so that they can help you make the next step.
We want you to feel safe and confident to speak up and to be heard. There are both formal and informal ways to do this.
- For information on the formal complaints process, please visit here.
- For information on informal anonymous reporting, please visit here.
- To send an email to the Student Care Sexual Harassment Coordinator, use this email link.
Help in understanding your options
If you have experienced unwelcome or harassing behaviour, there are a number of options available to you. The flowcharts below are intended to help clarify what those options are, and are separated according to whether the alleged perpetrator is another student, a staff member, or is unknown/a visitor to the University.
- Options Flowchart – if the alleged perpetrator is another student (PDF, 84KB)
- Options Flowchart – if the alleged perpetrator is a staff member (PDF, 72KB)
- Options Flowchart – if the alleged perpetrator is unknown/a visitor (PDF, 86KB)
For more information on the following topics click on the links below: