Who can help me with my concern?

University Grievance Advisors

Students, staff, and members of the public wanting to talk to someone about a concern can contact the Grievance and Academic Processes Advisors: 



Postal Address

UC Concerns           Internal: 90292
External +64 3 369 0292          
Grievance and Academic Processes Advisor    
Private Bag 4800
University of Canterbury
Christchurch 8140
New Zealand

Liana Foster

Kairuruku Nawe, Tukanga Akoranga
Grievance and Academic Processes Advisor
Hours of work are 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday, Tuesday and 9:30am-2:30pm Wednesday
Matariki Level 2 Nth
Internal Phone: 93970

Kerry Bradshaw

Kairuruku Nawe, Tukanga Akoranga
Grievance and Academic Processes Advisor
Internal Phone: 91218

University of Canterbury Students' Association - UCSA

UCSA Support - Advocacy and Welfare

The UCSA is independent of the University and exists to support students. You can contact the Advocacy and Welfare Team via email, phone, or just drop into the UCSA offices to discuss your concern.

The UCSA Student Advocate will be able to assist you in: 

  • Navigating the correct University appeals and complaints processes.
  • Concern, complaint and appeal letter writing.
  • Locating and understanding the appropriate University regulations and policies.
  • Helping you to understand all your options and avenues for resolution.
  • Advising you on what evidence may be required for an appeal or complaint.
  • Facilitating the communication between you and the University.
  • Attending meetings as a support person or advocate and assisting with appeals. 

The Student Advocate exists to provide this independent, confidential support to students so that they do not have to navigate appeals, grievances or general concerns alone – deciding to pursue one of these can be daunting, and it can help to have someone who knows the process to help you out! You can find the UCSA office in Haere-roa.

Refer to the UCSA Support page for contact details.