Youth and Community Leadership
Youth and Community Leadership explores national and global challenges that impact today’s youth and our communities, and looks at ways to create meaningful change through leadership.
You can study a range of issues like social justice, sustainability, policy, equity, and more. You can also focus on communities that you want to make a difference in.
- Work closely with UC’s active student community who have led efforts in natural disaster relief, anti-terrorism, sustainability, and cultural diversity.
- Connect with community through noho marae, volunteering with Te Hunga Tūao | Student Volunteer Army, and work with Te Mātāpuna Mātātahi | Children’s University.
- On completion of the recommended courses for youth work and development, you can apply for membership to Korowai Tupu, the Professional Association for Youth Work in Aotearoa.
- Find out more about youth and community leadership pathways and study options.
Youth and Community Leadership minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, or Sport Coaching, complete the following courses:
Develop skills in leadership, entrepreneurship, project management, bicultural competence, collaboration, and community engagement to get you ready for a career with youth and community. What you will learn can be applied to community leadership worldwide.
Some career pathways could include:
- Youth work
- Policy analysis and advisory
- Iwi and Māori development
- Teaching and training.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Level 5, Rehua building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Ako | Faculty of Education
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Youth and Community Leadership
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Teaching is a varied and rewarding career for people who are energetic, creative, and committed to making a difference for children and young people. Develop ...