Sustainable Energy Engineering
Sustainable Energy Engineering explores how we generate and store energy from sources such as natural gas, oil, and solar, and produce products such as electrical power, fuels, and batteries.
You’ll also learn about environmental issues and moves towards sustainable engineering and renewable energy.
- Practical lab work learning how to improve various kinds of energy.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce energy demand.
- Individual and group design and research projects.
Sustainable Energy Engineering minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, complete the following courses:
- ENCH392 Thermodynamics and Chemical Reaction Engineering
- ENGR404 Renewable Energy Technologies and Management
- ENCH483 Advanced Energy Processing Technologies and Systems
- ENCH494 Process Engineering Design 3 OR ENCH495 Research Project
Plus complete the requirements for Chemical and Process Engineering.
Knowledge of energy management will prepare you to meet the increasing demand in industries, ranging from wind to solar to carbon power generation. You will also be a great source of expertise in environmental effects and sustainable engineering practice.
Some career pathways could include:
- Power suppliers
- Operations and site management
- Renewable energy and sustainability
- Energy analyst.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Chemical and Process Engineering.
Level 4, Link building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Pūhanga | Faculty of Engineering
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Sustainable Energy Engineering
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Sustainability is the focus of Natural Resources engineers — that means protecting, improving, and maintaining natural resources such as soil, water, and the ...