Sustainable Business, Enterprise and Economics
With businesses expanding across the globe, we need more people with the skills to help manage economic growth with environmental issues like pollution and use of natural resources.
This major covers everything from sustainable products, production, shipping, and marketing, through to influencing changes in customer spending habits.
- Get hands-on experience creating sustainable business solutions through an internship.
- Learn business basics of management, economics, accounting, marketing, or communications with how these affect our views and treatment of the environment.
- Opportunities to create your own business with UC's mentors, business connections, and a Makerspace.
- Customisable major so you can follow your interests in particular sustainability issues and industry.
Sustainable Business, Enterprise and Economics major
For the major in the Bachelor of Social and Environmental Sustainability, complete the following courses:
- Two courses chosen from these options
- Three courses chosen from these options
- 60 points of courses chosen from these options
Every industry needs to find more sustainable practices, and there are few people in the current job market with knowledge of both business economics and environmental science to help achieve this. Your problem-solving skills will help lead us to better corporate responsibility and sustainable consumption of goods.
Some career pathways could include:
- Business analysis and consulting
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Level 1, Elsie Locke Building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Toi Tangata | Faculty of Arts
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Sustainable Business, Enterprise and Economics
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Environmental Science is the study of the natural world, its ecosystems, and our interactions with it. This knowledge is particularly important today as we ...