Sport at UC is your opportunity to learn about boosting physical performance, how sport intersects with society, and fitness as a global professional industry.
- Topics ranging in everything from sport psychology and exercise science through to coaching and team management.
- Practical learning and application so you can use sports theory and training tactics first-hand with real athletes and sports teams.
- Final-year 120-hour internship with a professional sports organisation.
A minor in Sport Studies is also available in a range of other degrees.
Bachelor of Sport
See the Bachelor of Sport for the compulsory courses in the degree.
You will complete core Sport courses throughout the three years of the degree, as well as courses towards a major, a major and minor, or a double major.
Major and minor subject options include:
- Performance Data Analysis
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Sport Coaching and Physical Education
- Sport Marketing and Management
- Strength and Conditioning
- Te Ao Hākinakina
Bachelor of Sport students may also choose their minor from subjects in Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, and Youth and Community Leadership degrees.
Graduates have a number of options in sports, education, or health-related studies at UC, including specialised degree programmes in Sport Coaching and Sport Science.
Studies in sports will prepare you for a range of careers supporting athletes, sports teams, or everyday exercisers in their fitness journey.
Career pathways could include:
- sports coordinator, manager, or administrator
- fitness instructor
- outdoor recreation guide
- health educator.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Level 3, Rehua building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Oranga | Faculty of Health
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Sport
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Health and wellbeing concerns everybody at every stage of life. Health Sciences study at UC will prepare you to contribute in a meaningful and practical way to ...