Sound is a core element for a range of media, from film to video games and everything in between. Sound effects, voice, and music all work together to enhance and make your story memorable.
Studying Screen Sound will include hands-on experience with industry standard audio equipment to learn about recording audio, post-production processes, and techniques for sound mixing.
- Learn the processes behind recording, composing, and editing sound for films, television, and video games.
- Work with the latest industry standard software, studio equipment, and recording hardware.
- Gain practical experience throughout the whole degree working on industry-level projects and graduate with your own portfolio of works.
- You will have access to sound recording studios, a theatre capable of recording large ensembles, voice-over and dubbing studios, and more.
Screen Sound major
For the major in the Bachelor of Digital Screen with Honours, complete the following courses:
- DISC230 Screen Sound Project 1
- DISC231 Sound Capture
- DISC232 Sound Design and Editing
- DISC233 Critical Listening
- MUSA229 Introduction to Game Audio
At 400-level your compulsory courses in the degree will focus on Screen Sound projects.
Screen Sound minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport Coaching, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
- 75 points of courses chosen from these options
Your studies will prepare you for operating in multiple different sound environments and media. You will also be able to keep up with the latest trends in the industry such as 3D recording, editing software, audio hardware, and more.
Some career pathways could include:
- Foley recording
- Production sound mixing
- Digital music creation
- Sound editing.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Digital Screen Campus
Browse related subjects to Screen Sound
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Explore the world of film through its history, critical discussions, contemporary artists, and technologies while developing your own film portfolio. There is ...
Entertainment media such as films and video games are growing in complexity, with the methods we use to tell stories merging through visual effects, immersive ...