Studying Physical Activity at UC focuses on developing the skills and knowledge needed to help people and communities make healthier choices and become more physically active.
- Choose from a variety of health and sport courses such as nutrition, injury and rehabilitation, sporting culture, and team coaching.
- Complete your studies through lectures, practical workshops, assessments in labs, and in the field.
- This subject can be studied as a minor under many different degrees and can be combined with your other study interests.
- You can follow up your studies with a one-year teaching degree to become a qualified health or physical education teacher.
Physical Activity minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport Coaching, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
- Choose five courses from the course list, with at least three above 100-level
Studying Physical Activity is a great choice for anyone wanting to help with common health issues and attitudes to fitness. Study in this area will give you the technical knowledge of exercise and movement science, as well as the management and teaching skills to support people in their wellbeing.
Some career pathways could include:
- Health promoter
- Physical educator
- Sports Programme coordinator
- Community support worker.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Health Sciences.
Level 3, Rehua building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Oranga | Faculty of Health
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Physical Activity
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
By studying Physical Education you will develop a range of professional, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills that prepare you for entry into a physical ...