Marketing goes beyond advertising and sales pitches — it analyses customer needs to design and produce goods or services that match buyer expectations, or even convinces them to change their buying habits.
UC’s Marketing degree is focused on building your practical skills and includes real-world marketing opportunities.
- Learn a wide range of skills, such as advertising products, digital marketing, understanding consumer behaviour, and customer experience.
- Internships and practical projects taken as part of your studies count towards your degree and help enhance your work-ready skills.
- Opportunities to get involved in annual UC-wide competitions such as inter-university business challenges, entré for young entrepreneurs, and Te Pokapū Rakahinonga | UC Centre for Entrepreneurship that connects you with local businesses.
- Add Marketing study to many of UC’s degrees to learn about customer trends and experiences specific to your business interests.
For the major in the Bachelor of Commerce, complete the following courses:
- MKTG201 Marketing Management
- MKTG202 Marketing Research
- MKTG204 Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG205 Services Marketing and Management OR MKTG230 Business, Society and the Environment
- Four courses chosen from these options
For the complete three-year Bachelor of Commerce Marketing major degree plan, see Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School website.
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
A degree in Marketing prepares you for a career in a variety of industries or professions that value creative communicators, analytical thinkers, and individuals driven by people and clients. With businesses and technologies constantly evolving, a Marketing graduate will always be sought after.
Career pathways could include:
- content creator
- advertising consultant
- market trends analyst
- events management.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Marketing.
Reception Level 2, Meremere Building – see campus maps
Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Marketing
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
This specialisation is for those who want to be a part of the creative industry at large by combining artistic and business skills.Study at least two areas of ...