Environmental Process Engineering
Environmental Process Engineering is ideal for environmentally-minded engineers who want to improve our planet by designing systems that treat water, air, and soil.
Learn about sustainable practices, environmental treatments, law and policies, and cultural issues surrounding environmental treatment technologies.
- Study how engineering processes and technology affect our climate so you can find innovative solutions to our world’s environmental challenges.
- Gain communications and project management skills to work with industry, government, and local communities on future engineering projects.
- Applied learning with individual and group design and research projects.
Environmental Process Engineering minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, complete the following courses:
- ENCH390 Process Engineering Design 1
- ENGR405 Industrial Pollution Control
- ENCH494 Process Engineering Design 3
- ENCH495 Research Project
- ENGR407 Bioprocess Engineering 1 OR ENCN375 Sustainable Engineering for a Changing Climate
Plus complete the requirements for Chemical and Process Engineering.
A minor in Environmental Process Engineering will make you well suited to monitor and minimise the impact society has on natural resources and climate change. This expertise is highly sought after by engineering firms and local councils.
Some career pathways could include:
- Sustainable engineering consultancy
- Food production
- Wastewater treatment.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Chemical and Process Engineering.
Level 4, Link building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Pūhanga | Faculty of Engineering
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Environmental Process Engineering
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Sustainability is the focus of Natural Resources engineers — that means protecting, improving, and maintaining natural resources such as soil, water, and the ...