Entertainment media such as films and video games are growing in complexity, with the methods we use to tell stories merging through visual effects, immersive design, and technology.
Digital Screen studies at UC gives you the full experience of developing stories for cinema and games, through all the stages of creating digital content, from preproduction through to premiere.
- Learn the processes, roles, and planning that goes into producing digital media with projects each year.
- Develop technical skills in your chosen creative field — 2D and 3D art design, music and sound, CGI and animation, film production, and more.
- Work on projects with fellow students and industry partners.
- UC's planned Digital Screen Campus offers the latest technologies in entertainment production, including a Virtual Screen Production stage, and opportunities to collaborate with industry.
Bachelor of Digital Screen with Honours
See the Bachelor of Digital Screen with Honours for the compulsory courses in the degree.
As well as the core courses, you will also study towards one of the following majors:
You can also choose to do a minor in the degree from the above list, in Indigenous Narrative designed to accompany the BDigiScreen(Hons) degree, or from subjects in Arts, Commerce, Health Sciences, Science, Sport Coaching, or Youth and Community Leadership degrees.
Certificate in Indigenous Narrative
See the Certificate in Indigenous Narrative designed as professional development for those already in the digital media industry to upskill their indigenous awareness and representation.
- Learn the foundations of storytelling - how stories change through sound, images, and interaction, and how to include different elements to affect the viewer/reader/player.
- Develop adaptable skills to produce virtual and live media as the industry continues to grow and combine techniques.
- Graduates will find work in film/television and gaming industries, as well as in creative media such as publications, marketing, advertising, and editing/writing roles.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Contact a Student Advisor to find out more about studying Digital screen.
Digital Screen Campus
Browse related subjects to Digital Screen
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Indigenous Narrative explores ways of representing Indigenous stories, history, and people through the cinema and video game industry, as traditional ...