Creative Music Technology
UC’s Creative Music Technology major is all about creating music using a variety of digital and studio-based music technologies.
Study acoustics, studio technologies, the latest trends and techniques in digital music making, and learn how to apply these in a creative context.
- Study any style or genre of music: whether you are an aspiring composer of electronic music, a beatmaker, a sound designer, a foley artist, a producer, or interested in digital music making.
- Use UC's on-campus recording studio with the latest software and audio devices.
- Work alongside other students on creating or recording music, radio, and podcasts.
- Complete an internship or collaborative project in the industry in your final year.
By understanding how technology is constantly changing and impacting the way music is created, and learning about the wider role music technology has in the music industry, you will be ready for a career in today's music technology industry.
Some career pathways could include:
- Music production for games and studio productions
- Sound design
- Sound artist
- Creative coding.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Music.
Music building – see campus maps – and Arts Centre, 3 Hereford Street Christchurch
Te Kaupeka Toi Tangata | Faculty of Arts
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Creative Music Technology
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Music studies in Performance develops creative ideas and expressive skills through all styles of music. With rapid growth and cultural shifts in the music ...