Business Analytics brings in data from areas such as accounting, marketing, and economics to help make better business decisions, improve customer services, and implement growth strategies using tools like machine learning.
- Use data to recognise and plan future developments, and identify new opportunities in business.
- Flexible study so you can focus on your interests such as accounting, marketing, economics, and software programming.
- Include Business Analytics as a minor in a wide range of degrees for a data-informed career.
Business Analytics major
Complete the compulsory courses for the Bachelor of Data Science, along with the following major courses:
- Two courses chosen from these options
Plus one course chosen from:
Two courses chosen from one of the following:
Business Analytics minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Product Design, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
- One course chosen from the introductory courses
- One course chosen from these options
- INFO260 Data Management
- INFO261 Special Topic: Introduction to Business Analytics
- Either INFO361 Business Intelligence and Analytics OR one course chosen from these options
Having the skills to analyse and interpret data will make you an important part of growing businesses and keeping our world more informed. Data scientists are in demand as it is an area that faces significant skills shortages globally.
Career pathways could include:
- business analyst
- strategic consultant
- data scientist.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Reception Level 2, Meremere Building – see campus maps
Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Business Analytics
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Strategy and Entrepreneurship focuses on the overall development of businesses, involving the process of identifying objectives, developing plans to achieve ...