Animation combines art with movement, creating cinematic scenes and dynamic, believable worlds full of life and motion.
Studies at UC will help you develop your own personal animation style. You will also learn concepts, tools, and techniques needed to see the animation process from creation to postproduction.
- Use traditional hand drawn and modern computer graphic techniques to create multi-dimensional characters and worlds.
- Work in brand new computer labs and motion capture stages in UC's planned Digital Screen Campus.
- Create your own portfolio of animation work.
For the major in the Bachelor of Digital Screen with Honours, complete the following courses:
- DISC213 Editing and Postproduction
- DISC240 Animation Project 1
- DISC241 Foundations of Animation
- PROD241 Character Design
- PROD243 World Building
At 400-level your compulsory courses in the degree will focus on Animation projects.
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport Coaching, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
- 75 points of courses chosen from these options
Your experiences working on animation and visual effects for video games, cinema, and other digital media will make you well-prepared for work in the fast-paced entertainment industry, as well as in roles in education and training, marketing, web design, and other areas needing animation expertise.
Some career pathways could include:
- Visual effects (VFX)
- Game art
- Graphic design.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Digital Screen Campus
Browse related subjects to Animation
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Computer Science is not only about programming or coding, but has many aspects such as human-computer interaction (including virtual and augmented reality), ...