Graduate Diploma in Forestry
This Diploma is offered to graduates who:
- do not have a first degree in forestry
- are looking to update and retrain
- wish to develop advanced knowledge through coursework
- are from countries where the forestry degree is less quantitative than in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Entry to the Graduate Diploma requires a bachelor's degree, which does not need to be in the same area of study. If you gained your qualification overseas, this will need to be assessed to ensure it is of an equivalent standard.
Any bachelor's degree is acceptable, although some background in a science subject, statistics, or economics is recommended.
Students with English as an additional language are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
How to apply
Contact the School of Forestry | Te Kura Ngahere for the application form to enrol.
Find out more about how to apply for graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
The GradDipFor normally consists of courses (a minimum of 120 points) selected from Forestry courses. Of these courses, at least 90 points will be at 300 and 400-level.
The Diploma can be studied within 1 year full-time or up to 2 years part-time.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Read what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers in our student and graduate profiles.
- Te Rōpū Rapuara | UC Careers can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers, or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit Te Pōkai Tara | Universities New Zealand website.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
- Come along to an upcoming information event for prospective postgraduate students.
See Tuition Fee Structure for more information
|2019||120||Banded Fee - total tuition fee dependent on course selection||$7,645|
|2020||120||Banded Fee - total tuition fee dependent on course selection||$7,798|
|2019||120||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$36,600|
|2020||120||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$38,400|
For full requirements see the Regulations for the Graduate Diploma in Forestry.
For study planning help contact the School of Forestry | Te Kura Ngahere or the College of Engineering:
College of Engineering | Te Rāngai Pūkaha
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800