Free online course combining instructional demonstrations and scaffolded learning activities in New Zealand’s stunning outdoors. Join UCx on edX to enrol!
What you will learn:
- Develop and execute fundamental field skills and techniques in the earth and environmental sciences.
- Familiarize with and perform core navigation skills.
- Develop techniques to make effective scientific observations in the field.
- Distinguish between what is an 'observation' and an 'interpretation'.
- Execute systematic notetaking of scientific field observations and data collection.
- Build your ability to draft field sketches to match what you see in the field.