Sport and Fitness Academy
The Sport and Fitness Academy is designed to develop athletes holistically. We provide Strength and Conditioning programmes and Athlete Education in the areas of Nutrition, Sport Psychology, Recovery and Athlete Life. The Sport and Fitness Academy is open to anyone of any ability who wishes to improve their overall sporting performance.
Strength and Conditioning services
You will receive individualised strength and conditioning programmes designed to cater for your specific needs, including:
- Individualised strength and conditioning programmes that are updated every 4-6 weeks
- Fitness testing at the end of each training block to monitor progress
- Weekly speed or conditioning sessions
- Use of the K1 Athlete training facility (pictured above) where every session is supervised by a qualified Strength and Conditioning coach
There will be a minimum of one seminar or workshop a term in the areas of:
- Sports Psychology
- Athlete Life
- $150 a term ($25 a week) for UC students
- Special discounted rate for 2018 Academy participants of $75 (half price) for the first term. Email Stacey Niao to arrange this.
- $250 a term for non UC students
- Memberships must be paid for in total at the beginning of each term.
- Payment can be made online at: https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/sport/registration-forms/sports-academy-application/thankyou/