- 6 players/side. Each player is to bowl 2 overs per game, and each partnership to face 4 overs.
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 players to start the game, the 6th player must have arrived within 5min of game time.
- Teams may register an unlimited number of players, only registered players are permitted to participate.
- Games consist of one innings of 12 overs per team.
- Maximum playing time is 55 mins per game.
- If a team is bowling at an unreasonably slow rate a penalty may be imposed.
- Teams must be ready before the start of their game.
- All runs completed between creases are awarded, PLUS bonus runs as follows.
- 6 runs - ball striking the end wall on full or deflection from fielders hand before continuing to end wall (Note this cannot be caught for a dismissal but can be run out).
- 4 runs - side wall on full, past halfway OR end wall along ground (after deflection from hand or side wall).
- 2 runs - side wall past half way (on ground).
- 1 run - side wall (on ground) in half of receiving batsmen.
- Maximum of 2 overs to be bowled per player.
- Wides and no balls must be re-bowled during the last over of an innings only. The 2 runs are also credited to the team score.
- Wides and no balls = 2 runs.
- No balls are as follows
- over stepping the bowling mark.
- deliveries bouncing more than once.
- illegal fielding formation.
- ball not landing on mat
- All outs deduct 5 runs off batter score.
- Ball automatically dead when returned to bowler after an out. All runs within that play are lost.
- Methods of Dismissal:
- Played on
- Caught, or caught off wall (below out of bounds). • Stumped
- Run out
- Ball hitting on full – lights or light fitting, woodwork above concrete, Mezzanine floor (blue netting)
- No LBW
- The fielding side must have 3 players in front of the halfway line for every ball bowled.
- Yellow card- Warning plus deduction of 10 runs. The ball hitting any of the following on the full constitutes a yellow card – Blue netting surrounding mezzanine floor, woodwork above concrete, lights or light fitting
- Red card- Player dismissed from batting and must be replaced by another team member. The ball going over the net constitutes an instant red card plus deduction of 20 runs. Two yellow cards to the same player constitutes a red card
- Monday 2pm - 5pm
- Breaks for University holidays
- Draws and other information about the competition will be posted and on UC Sport Competitions Facebook Page, and emailed to Team managers.