- 6 players/side
- 2 female player/side on court at all times
- Teams are to play with 6 players on the court (5 players and a goalie) – Minimum 2 females on court at all times
- If a team chooses to have a female keeper – she does not count towards the 2 female count.
- Teams must wear matching bibs (supplied by UC Rec & Sport).
- Teams may register an unlimited number of players, only registered players are permitted to participate.
- 12-minute halves, 2-minute half time (30-minute turn-around time)
- Running clock games
- 30 sec time-out in each halftime
- 40 sec passive play applies
- Teams must be ready before the start of their game.
- Normal IHF Handball rules apply:
- Players allowed 3 steps with ball after landing, and can only hold the ball for 3 seconds.
- Players can not enter either goal crease except in the act of shooting
- Goaltender can play as an attacker.
- No kicking the ball except for the goalkeeper making a save.
- No tackle or pull/push while defending
Game of handball is a game of positioning and not defensive contact. The rules of the game encourage lots of shooting. Please play it in this manner. Remember this is a recreational level league!
- Blocks - Men cannot block Women’s shots (such blocks will be called as a shooting foul).
- Substitutions - Unlimited “flying” substitutions.
- Monday afternoons: 2pm - 5pm
- Breaks for University holidays
- Draws and other information about the competition will be posted and on UC Sport Competitions Facebook Page