Social Futsal Competition
- 5 players/ side (4 court players and 1 goalkeeper)
- 1 female player/side on court at all times (teams unable to field a female player will give up a 2 goal advantage)
- A minimum of 4 players must start the game, the 5th player must be on court within 5min of game time
- Teams must wear matching bibs (supplied by UC Sport)
- Teams may register an unlimited number of players, only registered players are permitted to participate.
- 12 minute halves, 2 minute half time (30 minute turn around time)
- Running clock games
- Teams must be ready before the start of their game.
- Basketball sized court
Normal FIFA Futsal rules apply, except for the following alterations:
Substitutions - Unlimited rolling substitutions. Players must enter and exit the game from their own defensive half when no markings.
Draws - In the event of a draw there will be no extra time or penalty shootout unless the game is final.
Dangerous play as outlined below is prohibited:
- Minimal shoulder use will be tolerated (no arms)
- Sliding and playing on the ground is permitted when not endangering a player
- No tackling from behind
- Contact will be decided upon at the discretion of the referee.
- Thursday afternoons 2-5pm
- Breaks for University holidays
- Draws and other information about the competition will be posted and on UC Sport Competitions Facebook Page, and emailed to Team managers.
Fees to play in the Social Sport Competitions:
- To enter a team it costs $125.00 per team, per term (e.g. a team of 10 people it will cost $12.50 per person to play for the term)
- Non-Members pay a discounted fee of $2 for entry into UC RecCentre (this includes full use of the facility post match).