Social Basketball Competition
- 5 players/side
- 1 female player/side on court at all times
- A minimum of 4 players must start the game, the 5th player must be on court within 5 minutes of game time
- Only 1 A Grade player/side is allowed on court at any one time
- Teams must wear matching bibs (supplied by UC Rec & Sport).
- Teams may register an unlimited number of players, only registered players are permitted to participate.
- 12-minute halves, 2-minute half time (30-minute turn-around time)
- Running clock games
- No 24 sec. shot clock
- 3, 5 and 8-second rules apply
- Teams must be ready before the start of their game.
Normal FIBA Basketball rules apply, except for the following alterations:
- Shooting fouls: If someone is fouled in the act of shooting, the attacking team will receive an automatic 2 points (or 3points) in place of shooting free throws. If someone is fouled in the act of shooting and the shot subsequently goes in then they will automatically receive 1 extra point.
- Blocks - Men cannot block Women’s shots (such blocks will be called as a shooting foul as per the rules above).
- Substitutions - Unlimited “flying” substitutions.
- Friday afternoons 2 - 5pm
- Sunday evenings 12pm - 4pm
- Breaks for University holidays
- Draws and other information about the competition will be posted and on UC Sport Competitions Facebook Page, and emailed to Team managers.
Fees to play in the Social Sport Basketball Competition:
|Per team, per TERM||Per team, per SEMESTER*|