Run Canterbury 2019
UC Sport Running Group
Take your run training to the next level! Prepare with our Run Canterbury training group to take on either a 10km, half marathon, or full marathon. Receive a tailored training plan towards your choice of event (e.g Chrsitchurch, Tai Tapu, Queenstown, Dunedin, Mt Cook, Long Beach, Crater Rim, or Hanmer Springs races).
Join us in semester one and utilise our extremely successful programme (Christchurch Marathon - 12 week challenge). From here you can contiunue the growth in semester 2 and build towards running events later in the year. The team are very stoked to have the running group training together across the whole year.
Our coaching programme includes
- Comprehensive training and support package
- Group runs (x2) each week
- Group runs lead by pack leaders
- Experienced, Intermediate, Completion groups/programmes available
- Free Running T-shirt for all new programme partipants
Your support package
- Tailored online training plan designed by the Sports Science Centre® towards your choice of marathon event (half, 10km, full) which you can access on any device
- TrainingPeaks athlete account to receive your training and monitor your progress
- Group runs lead by pack leaders to keep you motivated (3 levels to choose from and we will help you find the right level)
- Very active social media community to support you towards your goals www.facebook.com/runcanterbury
- Weekly e-mail support with motivational and training advice
- Discounted shoes and running gear from our partners The Frontrunner Colombo
We're confident you won't find a better price for this much training support!
- UC Students and UC Staff $85 (includes T-Shirt)
- Community $145 (includes T-Shirt)
- Previous Run Canterbury participant $60 (any year) - amazing value! (Programme only)
- Paying off the programme via installments is no problem and can be organised with Gary Gin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
There are a few key dates that we recommend you put in your diary now
- Introductory meeting - Thursday 16 August (UC Rec Centre - Room 133, after first pack run 7.00pm)
- Group runs runs will leave from UC Rec Centre reception (22 Kirkwood Ave, University of Canterbury, Ilam, Christchurch)
- First pack run - Thursday 16th August and will continue until the 17 November (Queenstown Marathon weekend).
How to register
- Fill out an online registration form
- For more information contact Gary Gin (03 369 0369, email@example.com) or pop into the UC Sport office (Rec Centre)
Lastly "Like" our Run Canterbury Facebook Page
- We have a very active social media community to support you towards your running goals
- Like the Run Canterbury Facebook page.
For more information contact
- Gary Gin (03 369 0369, firstname.lastname@example.org) or pop into the UC Sport office (Rec Centre)