Run Canterbury 2018
UC Sport Running Group - Semester 2
Take your run training to the next level! Prepare with our Run Canterbury training group to take on either a 10km, half marathon, or full marathon in in the second half of the year. Receive a tailored training plan towards your choice of event (e.g Queenstown, Dunedin, Mt Cook, Long Beach, Crater Rim, or Hanmer Springs races).
That's right we are building on our extremely successful programme (Christchurch Marathon - 12 week challenge) to build towards running events later in the year. The team are very stoked to have the running group training together across the whole year.
Our coaching programme includes
- Comprehensive training and support package
- Group runs (x2) each week
- Group runs lead by pack leaders every Tuesday & Thursday at 5:15pm
- Experienced, Intermediate, Beginner groups/programmes available
- Free Asics running T-shirt for all new programme partipants
- Fill out our online registration form today or register at UC Sport's office (Rec Centre 133)
Your support package
- Tailored online training plan designed by the Sports Science Centre® towards your choice of marathon event (half, 10km, full) which you can access on any device
- TrainingPeaks athlete account to receive your training and monitor your progress
- Group runs lead by pack leaders every Tuesday and Thursday at 5.15pm to keep you motivated (3 levels to choose from and we will help you find the right level)
- Very active social media community to support you towards your goals www.facebook.com/runcanterbury
- Weekly e-mail support with motivational and training advice
- Discounted shoes and running gear from our partners The Frontrunner Colombo
- 20+ years experience running this programme - thousands of satisfied runners
We're confident you won't find a better price for this much training advice and support!
- UC Students and UC Staff $85 (includes T-Shirt)
- Community $145 (includes T-Shirt)
- Previous Run Canterbury participant $60 (any year) - amazing value! (Programme only)
- Paying off the programme via installments is no problem and can be organised with Matt Ingram (email@example.com)
There are a few key dates that we recommend you put in your diary now
- Introductory meeting - Thursday 16 August (UC Rec Centre - Room 133, after first pack run 7.00pm)
- Group runs runs will leave Tuesday and Thursday at 5.15pm from UC Rec Centre reception (22 Kirkwood Ave, University of Canterbury, Ilam, Christchurch)
- First pack run - Thursday 16th August and will continue until the 17 November (Queenstown Marathon weekend).
How to register
- Fill out an online registration form, or register at register at UC Sport's office (Rec Centre 133)
- For more information contact Matt Ingram (03 369 3137, firstname.lastname@example.org) or pop into the UC Sport office (Rec Centre)
- If you prefer you can download the hardcopy - Run Canterbury 2018 S2 Brochure and drop in to UC Sport office
Lastly "Like" our Run Canterbury Facebook Page
- We have a very active social media community to support you towards your running goals
- Like the Run Canterbury Facebook page.
For more information contact
- Matt Ingram (03 369 3137, email@example.com) or pop into the UC Sport office (Rec Centre Room 133)