Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury
Semester 1, 2020
Take your run training to the next level! Prepare to take on either a 10km run, half or full marathon in the Christchurch Marathon event, Sunday 31st May 2020!
Join the thousands of competitors hitting the streets of Christchurch on Queens birthday weekend 2020 for the 40th anniversary of this iconic event. Base at Christchurch's iconic Town Hall, the flat, fast, and spectator friendly course will take you on a scenic tour of iconic Christchurch landmarks such as Hagley Park and the Avon River.
Our programme for Semester 1 includes
- A Training and support package
- Group runs (x2) each week
- Group runs lead by pack leaders
- Experienced, Intermediate, Completion groups/programmes available
- Free Running T-shirt for all new programme partipants
- 12 week training programme
Your support package
- Online training plan designed by the Sports Science Centre® towards your choice of marathon event (half, 10km, full) which you can access on any device
- TrainingPeaks athlete account to receive your training and monitor your progress
- Group runs lead by pack leaders to keep you motivated (3 levels to choose from and we will help you find the right level)
- Active social media community to support you towards your goals www.facebook.com/runcanterbury
- Support with motivational and training advice Seminars
We're confident you won't find a better price for this much training support!
- UC Students and UC Staff $95 (includes T-Shirt)
- Community $155 (includes T-Shirt)
- Previous Run Canterbury participant $80 (any year) - amazing value! (Programme only)
- Paying off the programme via installments is no problem and can be organised with Gary Gin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
There are a few key dates that we recommend you put in your diary now
- Introductory meeting - Monday 9th March 2020 (TBC)
- Group runs runs will leave from UC Rec Centre Staff Room (22 Kirkwood Ave, University of Canterbury, Ilam, Christchurch)
- First pack run - Tuesday 10th March 2020 and will continue until the 28th May 2020 (Queens Birthday Weekend)
How to register
- Online registrations please fill out the form by clicking here or click the button below. Then proceed to the checkout to finalise membership
- For more information contact Gary Gin (email@example.com) or pop into the UC Rec & Sport office (UC Rec Centre map)
Lastly "Like" our Run Canterbury Facebook Page
- We have a very active social media community to support you towards your running goals
- Like the Run Canterbury Facebook page.