UC 17 0096-16

If you are enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours BE(Hons) or Bachelor of Science BSc(Hons) programme you can apply to undertake spatial engineering research at SERC.

BE(Hons) students

You can do your final year Honours project through the SERC in your Third Professional Year. Most BE(Hons) students at SERC come from the following disciplines:

  • Electrical and Electronic Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Mechatronics Engineering
  • Computer Engineering
  • Software Engineering

The 400-level courses you take for your Third Professional Year will vary depending on the Engineering discipline you are doing.

For example, if you are doing Electrical and Electronic Engineering, you will need to enrol in ENEL400 Electrical and Computer Engineering Research Project and are encouraged to take both ENEL420 Advanced Signals and ENEL422 Communications Engineering.

Consult your Third Professional Year Director of Studies for your Engineering discipline when selecting your final year courses.

BSc(Hons) students

If you enrolled in the Computer Science and Software Engineering programme and have achieved a First or Second Class Honours, you can apply to do a SERC research project.