Senior LecturerLindsey Conrow
Beatrice Tinsley Rm 310
Internal Phone: 90196
I'm a Geographer interested human mobility and the ways transport and urban design influence accessibility, equity, and wellbeing.
My research centres around interactions between human mobility, accessibility and wellbeing. The associations between these factors are often influenced by urban form, transport, community and sociodemographics. Much of my recent work incorporates crowdsourced smartphone and mobile phone data as well as individual sensor data, such wearable GPS/accelerometer devices, and spatial analytics.
- Kim EK., Conrow L., Röcke C., Chaix B., Weibel R. and Perchoux C. (2023) Advances and challenges in sensor-based research in mobility, health, and place. Health and Place 79 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2023.102972.
- Conrow L. and Brower A. (2022) Human–wildlife competition for space: Opportunistic rare birds colonise a disaster recovery zone in Christchurch, New Zealand. Case Studies in the Environment 6(1): 1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1525/cse.2022.1721770.
- Logan TM., Hobbs MH., Conrow LC., Reid NL., Young RA. and Anderson MJ. (2022) The x-minute city: Measuring the 10, 15, 20-minute city and an evaluation of its use for sustainable urban design. Cities 131 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2022.103924.
- Conrow L., Campbell M. and Kingham S. (2021) Transport changes and COVID-19: From present impacts to future possibilities. New Zealand Geographer 77(3): 185-190. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nzg.12315.
- Conrow L., Mooney S. and Wentz EA. (2021) The association between residential housing prices, bicycle infrastructure and ridership volumes. Urban Studies 58(4): 787-808. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0042098020926034.