If you have an emergency situation, please call security on 6111 (internal) or 0800 823 637, Christchurch Emergency Services (ambulance, police, fire) on 111, or Canterbury Psychiatric Emergency Service on 0800 920 092.
UC Security (not in an emergency)
Ext: 6888 (from a campus landline).
Direct dial: (03) 364 2888.
Psychology Health and Safety Contacts
- Health & Safety Committee Chair: Katharina Naswall
- Department Safety officer: Silvana de Freitas Costa
- Health & Safety Representative: Chris Burt
- Building Wardens: Gerard Mesman and/or Silvana de Freitas Costa
- Workshop Safety and Electrical Tagging and Testing: Ben McGinlay
- Biological Compliance Officer (Research Facility): Neroli Harris
- The Psychology Centre Clinical Representative: Liz Waugh
- The Psychology Centre Warden: Janet Cumberpatch
- H&S Wellbeing Induction & Refresher Psyc (PDF, 891KB)
- Psychology Centre HS & Wellbeing Induction (PDF, 1.47KB)
- PSYC H&S Induction for Short Term Contractors May 2018 (PDF. 697KB)
- Health and Safety Policy
Processes for Safe Field activities and Policies
- Prepare for Safe Field Activity (Group)
Group: where there is a group going together to complete an activity.
- Prepare for Safe Field Activity (Sole Participant)
Sole Participant: where an individual is going on a field trip alone, such as professional practice in a hospital, rest home, school, private home, etc.
- Vehicle Fleet Use / Field Trip Policies (PDF, 75KB)
To be completed by all staff, visitors and postgraduate students (medium to long term):
- Login to LEARN - enter your University username and password.
- You will be directed to a log-in page where you will be asked to enter the key code - PSYC
- If the box is already populated, delete and enter PSYC (make sure it is in capitals).
- This will log you into the web page under the Psychology group.
- Read through the documents until you reach the Knowledge Quiz.
Health and Safety Information and Procedures
- 2018 Psychology Risk Register (PDF, 5.5KB)
- Psychology Safety Procedure Information 2018 (PDF, 274KB)
- Health, safety and wellbeing We’re committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our students, staff, visitors and contractors to learn and work in.
- UC Emergency Management for alerts, preparedness, policies & plans
- UC Health & Safety contacts information& resources, processes & procedures, news & updates, forms & tools, training. (UC login required)
- Defibrillators: Defibrillators Locations (PDF, 994KB) | Nearest to Psychology is in the GEOG/PSYC Link Block (By Cafe 101).
- UC Security Support onsite for advice on staying safe on campus
- ACC HabitAtWork for more advice on ergonomics.
- Health and wellbeing support Services There is a wide range of people available at the University of Canterbury to offer you support, help, and guidance.
- UC Student Support Service For help finding the right support service