UC Esri ArcGIS Site License
UC's ArcGIS site license runs from 1 March - 29 Feb, and provides unlimited ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) 'Advanced (ArcInfo)' and ArcGIS Pro concurrent licenses on UC owned machines. If not already installed on your UC PC then it should be available via Software Centre.
It also makes provision for home use by enrolled students and continuing staff for:
- ArcGIS Desktop v10.x 1yr Single-Use License
- Starting in late 2019, ArcGIS Pro 2.x via a Named User license that requires an Enterprise login to UC's ArcGIS Online 'organisation' account.
Want to use ArcGIS...
...but don't know where to start or need a refresher?
- Check out the Esri Academy for free self-paced E-Learning courses. Courses that require 'maintenance' can be unlocked with an Enterprise login to UC's ArcGIS Online 'organisation' account.
- Another great resource is YouTube: For ArcGIS ArcMap search for keywords that include the software such as 'arcmap basics', or to create a map layout see How to make a simple map in ArcMap. For ArcGIS Pro search for 'arcgis pro basics', or to create a map layout see Make a layout in ArcGIS Pro.
- If you want to create a geological map then have a look at Digitising a geological map in ArcGIS Desktop from the Scientific Illustrator, Department of Geology, University of Otago.
- Finally, here are some tips on using ArcGIS at UC.