UC Esri ArcGIS Site License
UC's ArcGIS site license provides unlimited ArcGIS Desktop v10.x (ArcMap) 'Advanced (ArcInfo)' and ArcGIS Pro concurrent licenses on UC owned Windows computers (Mac users need to run Windows in Bootcamp or a VM). If not already installed on your UC PC then it should be available via Software Centre.
It also provides home use to enrolled students and continuing staff:
- ArcGIS Desktop v10.x 1yr Single-Use License
- ArcGIS Pro 2.x via a Named User license connected to UC's ArcGIS Online 'organisation' account, obtained by emailing John Thyne.
Want to use ArcGIS...
...but don't know where to start or need a refresher?
- Check out the Esri Academy for self-paced Training. You need an Esri/ArcGIS account for training that is free, while those that require 'maintenance' can be unlocked by getting connected to UC's ArcGIS Online 'organisation' account, obtained by emailing John Thyne.
- Another great resource is YouTube: For ArcGIS ArcMap search for keywords that include the software such as 'arcmap basics', or to create a map layout see How to make a simple map in ArcMap. For ArcGIS Pro search for 'arcgis pro basics', or to create a map layout see Make a layout in ArcGIS Pro.
- If you want to create a geological map then have a look at Digitising a geological map in ArcGIS Desktop from the Scientific Illustrator, Department of Geology, University of Otago.
- Finally, here are some tips on using ArcGIS at UC.