Furthering your education with postgraduate studies can improve your employment opportunities and allow you to explore topics of interest to a much greater depth.
Our postgraduate courses allow you to develop your expertise in an area of specialisation, engaging with research frontiers in small classes and connecting with our academic staff on the topics they love. You will also develop valuable research skills and other transferable skills that will support your development as a student.
Antarctic Studies examines major environmental and contemporary issues facing the frozen continent.
This is an interdisciplinary field around natural, social, and political sciences, and the economics of disaster reduction.
This interdisciplinary field studies the environment's structure and functioning, and the impact of human interactions.
Studying Geography will allow you to take an informed and analytical view of our changing world, and of your place in it.
UC has extensive research strengths in geospatial technologies and spatial analysis.
Gain practical experience in urban recovery and renewal at UC, in the heart of a changing community.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours majoring in (Environmental Science, Geography or Geology)
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours (majoring in Geography)
Postgraduate certificates and diplomas
- Postgraduate Certificate in Science (specialising in Environmental Science, Geography or Geology)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Arts (specialising in Geography)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Geospatial Science and Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science (specialising in Environmental Science, Geography or Geology)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (specialising in Geography)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geospatial Science and Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
- Graduate Diploma in Science (specialising in Geography or Geology)
- Graduate Diploma in Arts (specialising in Geography)
- Master of Science (majoring in Antarctic Studies, Disaster Risk and Resilience, Engineering Geology, Environmental Science, Geography or Geology)
- Master of Antarctic Studies
- Master of Bicultural Co-Governance of Natural Resources
- Master of Disaster Risk and Resilience
- Master of Geographic Information Science
- Master of Spatial Analysis for Public Health
- Master of Urban Resilience and Renewal
- Master of Water Resource Management
- Professional Master of Engineering Geology
- Professional Master of Geospatial Science and Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy (majoring in Antarctic Studies, Disaster Risk and Resilience, Engineering Geology, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology or Water Resource Management)
There are numerous scholarships and prizes available to postgraduate students:
- Antarctic Studies scholarships
- Engineering Geology scholarships
- Environmental Science scholarships
- Geography scholarships
- Geology scholarships
Use the Scholarships database to search for other possible funding options.