I am interested in understanding how hydrologic systems function, specifically the groundwater component. My research areas include groundwater dynamics in coastal regions, groundwater - surface water interaction, and landscape restoration. I characterise field systems using various methods and parameters including pressure, conductivity and natural tracers. I test processes and perform sensitivity analyses using analytic, numeric and physical modelling. I hold a Research Fellowship with Flinders University, Australia and am an Associate Editor for Hydrogeology Journal.
- Coluccio KM., Santos IR., Jeffrey LC. and Morgan LK. (2021) Groundwater discharge rates and uncertainties in a coastal lagoon using a radon mass balance. Journal of Hydrology 598 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2021.126436.
- Dench WE. and Morgan LK. (2021) Unintended consequences to groundwater from improved irrigation efficiency: Lessons from the Hinds-Rangitata Plain, New Zealand. Agricultural Water Management 245 106530: 106530-106530. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2020.106530.
- Clemens H., Pang L., Morgan LK. and Weaver L. (2020) Removal of rotavirus, MS2 bacteriophage and biomolecule-modified silica nanoparticles in undisturbed silt loam over gravels dosed with onsite wastewater. Water Research 169 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2019.115272.
- Coluccio K., Santos I., Jeffreys L., Katurji M., Coluccio S. and Morgan LK. (2020) Mapping groundwater discharge to a coastal lagoon using combined spatial airborne thermal imaging, radon (222Rn) and multiple physicochemical variables. Hydrological Processes http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hyp.13903.
- Humphries B., Weaver L., Burbery L., Webber J., Morgan LK. and Gregor J. (2020) Microbial pathogen removal from domestic effluent using coral sand in Kiribati. Journal of Applied Microbiology http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jam.14555.