Friends of Gateway Antarctica
The Gateway Antarctica Fund is a charitable trust which supports Antarctic research activities. Research can not rely solely on government grants and ad hoc funding. These are simply not enough to maintain quality research in Antarctic disciplines. There are growing challenges to the sustainability of the last great continent.
All donations over $5 qualify for tax rebates and will contribute to increased understanding of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean.
Options for giving include:
- A one-off donation
- A cash gift spread over a number of years
- Including a bequest to the fund in your will
- Donating articles of value such as property, art or shares
- Assigning income from investments while keeping them in your name
- Making an interest-free loan, which will be invested and only the interest used to support research. At the end of the period, the capital is returned to you
- Establishing a charitable trust in favour of Gateway Antarctica