I am a biodiversity scientist interested in understanding how community and metacommunity dynamics emerge and persist in freshwater ecosystems. My research strikes a balance between a variety of approaches, including field observations, controlled experiments, computational simulations, conceptual syntheses, and reviews. Through collaboration, I have been transferring my ideas to other ecosystems and taxonomic groups. My long-term research goal is to better bridge basic and applied community ecology to improve our predictive ability of freshwater biodiversity dynamics under anthropogenic pressure.
See more here: https://tsiqueiralab.weebly.com/
- Barbosa GP. and Siqueira T. (2023) Direct and indirect relationships of climate and land use change with food webs in lakes and streams. Global Ecology and Biogeography http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/geb.13766.
- Castro E., Siqueira T., Melo AS., Bini LM., Landeiro VL. and Schneck F. (2023) Reduced enumeration effort, but not coarse taxonomic resolution, is sufficient to represent beta diversity patterns of stream benthic diatoms. Limnologica 102 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.limno.2023.126107.
- Collyer G., Perkins DM., Petsch DK., Siqueira T. and Saito V. (2023) Land-use intensification systematically alters the size structure of aquatic communities in the Neotropics. Global Change Biology 29(14): 4094-4106. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/gcb.16720.
- Grigoropoulou A., Hamid SA., Acosta R., Akindele EO., Al-Shami SA., Altermatt F., Amatulli G., Angeler DG., Arimoro FO. and Aroviita J. (2023) The global EPTO database: Worldwide occurrences of aquatic insects. Global Ecology and Biogeography 32(5): 642-655. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/geb.13648.
- Jacobi CM. and Siqueira T. (2023) High compositional dissimilarity among small communities is decoupled from environmental variation. Oikos 2023(8) http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/oik.09802.