Research interests are:
- Developmental plant physiology with particular interests in the roles of the plant hormones in growth and development, particularly the cytokinins. Current research includes projects on seed development, phase change, flowering, fruit development and senescence
- The interaction between the environment, the physiology and the molecular biology underpinning flowering and perenniality in native species
- Plant-microbe interactions with a particular focus on the perturbation of plant hormones by the microbe and the mechanisms invoked by the plant to retain hormone homeostasis
- van Voorthuizen MJ., Nisler J., Song J., Spíchal L. and Jameson PE. (2021) Targeting cytokinin homeostasis in rapid cycling brassica rapa with plant growth regulators incyde and td-k. Plants 10(1): 1-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/plants10010039.
- Chen L., Zhao J., Song J. and Jameson PE. (2020) Cytokinin dehydrogenase: a genetic target for yield improvement in wheat. Plant Biotechnology Journal 18(3): 614-630. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/pbi.13305.
- Jameson PE. and Song J. (2020) Will cytokinins underpin the second 'Green Revolution'? J Exp Bot 71(22): 6872-6875. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/jxb/eraa447.
- Kelly D., Turnbull MH. and Jameson PE. (2020) Molecular control of masting: an introduction to an epigenetic summer memory. Annals of botany 125(6): 851-858. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/aob/mcaa004.
- Miebach M., Schlechter RO., Clemens J., Jameson PE. and Remus-Emsermann MNP. (2020) Litterbox—A gnotobiotic zeolite-clay system to investigate arabidopsis–microbe interactions. Microorganisms 8(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms8040464.