Research interests are:
- Developmental plant physiology with particular interests in the roles of the plant hormones in growth and development, particularly the cytokinins. Current research includes projects on seed development, phase change, flowering, fruit development and senescence
- The interaction between the environment, the physiology and the molecular biology underpinning flowering and perenniality in native species
- Plant-microbe interactions with a particular focus on the perturbation of plant hormones by the microbe and the mechanisms invoked by the plant to retain hormone homeostasis
- Fu Z., Song J., Zhao J. and Jameson PE. (2019) Identification and expression of genes associated with the abscission layer controlling seed shattering in Lolium perenne.. AoB Plants 11(1): ply076. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/aobpla/ply076.
- Ninan AS., Grant J., Song J. and Jameson P. (2019) Expression of genes related to sugar and amino acid transport and cytokinin metabolism during leaf development and senescence in Pisum sativum L.. Plants 8(76) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/plants8030076.
- Dhandapani P., Song J., Novak O. and Jameson PE. (2018) Both epiphytic and endophytic strains of Rhodococcus fascians influence transporter gene expression and cytokinins in infected Pisum sativum L. seedlings. Plant Growth Regulation 85(2): 231-242. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10725-018-0387-3.
- Dhandapani P., Song J., Novak O. and Jameson PE. (2017) Infection by Rhodococcus fascians maintains cotyledons as a sink tissue for the pathogen.. Annals of Botany 119(5): 841-852. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/aob/mcw202.
- Fu ZY., Song J-C. and Jameson PE. (2017) A rapid and cost effective protocol for plant genomic DNA isolation using regenerated silica columns in combination with CTAB extraction. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 16(8): 1682-1688. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2095-3119(16)61534-4.