Research interests are:
- Developmental plant physiology with particular interests in the roles of the plant hormones in growth and development, particularly the cytokinins. Current research includes projects on seed development, phase change, flowering, fruit development and senescence
- The interaction between the environment, the physiology and the molecular biology underpinning flowering and perenniality in native species
- Plant-microbe interactions with a particular focus on the perturbation of plant hormones by the microbe and the mechanisms invoked by the plant to retain hormone homeostasis
- Chen L., Zhao J., Song J. and Jameson PE. (2021) Cytokinin glucosyl transferases, key regulators of cytokinin homeostasis, have potential value for wheat improvement.. Plant Biotechnol J http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/pbi.13595.
- Guo Q., Li X., Niu L., Jameson PE. and Zhou W. (2021) Transcription-associated metabolomic adjustments in maize occur during combined drought and cold stress.. Plant Physiol http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/plphys/kiab050.
- Samarth., Lee R., Kelly D., Turnbull MH., Macknight RC., Poole AM. and Jameson PE. (2021) Molecular control of the floral transition in the mast seeding plant Celmisia lyallii (Asteraceae). Molecular Ecology http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/mec.15859.
- van Voorthuizen MJ., Nisler J., Song J., Spíchal L. and Jameson PE. (2021) Targeting cytokinin homeostasis in rapid cycling brassica rapa with plant growth regulators incyde and td-k. Plants 10(1): 1-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/plants10010039.
- Chen L., Zhao J., Song J. and Jameson PE. (2020) Cytokinin dehydrogenase: a genetic target for yield improvement in wheat. Plant Biotechnology Journal 18(3): 614-630. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/pbi.13305.