Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests are in the conceptual, applied and experimental analysis of behaviour, with the emphasis currently on conceptual and applied aspects. Conceptual work has focussed on two long-term projects. One project has involved developing a bio-behavioural model of the processes which engender, maintain and reverse infant sleep disturbance. The second project has been to view the current widespread criticism of null-hypothesis statistical tests and other standard research practices from the perspective of single-case research design. Applied research has a wider focus, and includes behavioural interventions for infant sleep disturbances, behavioural family therapies, special education interventions, and various projects in Health Psychology, including a specific interest in safety, especially road safety.
- Hunter JE., McLay LK., France KG., Swit CS. and Blampied NM. (2022) Parent Perceptions of Sleep-Related Stereotypy Within Sleep Problems in Children on the Autism Spectrum: Implications for Behavioral Treatment. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s41252-022-00246-w.
- McLay LL., France KG., Blampied NM., Hunter JE., van Deurs JR., Woodford EC., Gibbs R. and Lang R. (2022) Collateral Child and Parent Effects of Function‑Based Behavioral Interventions for Sleep Problems in Children and Adolescents with Autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 52(5): 2258-2273. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10803-021-05116-3.
- Carnett A., McLay L., Hansen S., France K. and Blampied N. (2021) Sleep Problems in Children and Adolescents with Autism: Type, Severity and Impact. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities 33(6): 977-991. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10882-020-09783-5.
- Ford KAM., McLay LK., France KG., Blampied NM. and Gibbs RM. (2021) Correction to: Systematic Review of the Effect of Modification of Antecedents in the Treatment of Sleep Problems Among Children on the Autism Spectrum (Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, (2021), 10.1007/s41252-021-00224-8). Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s41252-021-00229-3.
- Ford KAM., McLay LK., France KG., Blampied NM. and Gibbs RM. (2021) Systematic Review of the Effect of Modification of Antecedents in the Treatment of Sleep Problems Among Children on the Autism Spectrum. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s41252-021-00224-8.