Martin joined the Psychology department early in 2009. He had for the seven years prior to that been in Belfast, Northern Ireland, where he completed his Clinical Psychology training. He has an empirical and clinical interest in complex traumatic stress and dissociative disorders. He is also interested in process-oriented psychotherapy and the integration of therapy models.
- Bortolon C., Dorahy MJ., Brand R., Dondé C., Slovak S. and Raffard S. (2022) The effect of voice content and social context on shame: a simulation and vignette paradigm to evaluate auditory verbal hallucinations. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry 27(2-3): 122-138. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13546805.2021.1962265.
- Byrne KG., Yogeeswaran K., Dorahy MJ., Gale J., Afzali MU., Bulbulia J. and Sibley CG. (2022) Author Correction: Psychological impact of far-right terrorism against Muslim minorities on national distress, community, and wellbeing (Scientific Reports, (2022), 12, 1, (1620), 10.1038/s41598-022-05678-x). Scientific Reports 12(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-06603-y.
- Byrne KG., Yogeeswaran K., Dorahy MJ., Gale J., Afzali MU., Bulbulia J. and Sibley CG. (2022) Psychological impact of far-right terrorism against Muslim minorities on national distress, community, and wellbeing. Scientific Reports 12(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-05678-x.
- Catton AKH. and Dorahy MJ. (2022) Blame Attributions Against Heterosexual Male Victims of Sexual Coercion: Effects of Gender, Social Influence, and Perceptions of Distress. Journal of Interpersonal Violence 37(9-10): NP7014-NP7033. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0886260520967153.
- Cleary E., Curran D., Kelly G., Dorahy MJ. and Hanna D. (2022) The Meta-Analytic Relationship Between Secondary Traumatic Stress and Vicarious Posttraumatic Growth in Adults. Traumatology http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/trm0000373.