Juliet Ann Gerrard
Qualifications & Memberships
Our research is interdisciplinary and highly collaborative, cutting across biochemistry, chemistry, health, agricultural and food science and biomaterial design. It also incorporates a full spectrum of applied and fundamental research. At present, a major focus is the understanding of the quaternary structure of proteins and the implications that this has for evolution of oligomeric proteins and higher order protein assembly. This research has potential application in the design of novel therapeutic agents (by disrupting quaternary structure) and in the assembly of novel materials, e.g. from higher order quaternary complexes or amyloid fibrils.
- Doak DG., Denyer GS., Gerrard JA., Mackay JP. and Allison JR. (2020) Peppy: A virtual reality environment for exploring the principles of polypeptide structure. Protein Science 29(1): 157-168. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pro.3752.
- Domigan LJ. and Gerrard JA. (2020) Introduction to Protein Nanotechnology. Methods in Molecular Biology: 1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9869-2_1.
- Gerrard JA. and Domigan LJ. (2020) Preface. vii.
- Rani A., Kavianinia I., Hume P., De Leon-Rodriguez LM., Kihara S., Williams DE., McGillivray DJ., Plank NOV., Gerrard J. and Hodgkiss JM. (2020) Directed self-assembly of peptide-diketopyrrolopyrrole conjugates - a platform for bio-organic thin film preparation.. Soft Matter 16(28): 6563-6571. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/d0sm01071e.
- Suzuki H., Mahapatra D., Board AJ., Steel PJ., Dyer JM., Gerrard JA., Dobson RCJ. and Valéry C. (2020) Sub-Ångstrom structure of collagen model peptide (GPO)
10shows a hydrated triple helix with pitch variation and two proline ring conformations. Food Chemistry 319 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2020.126598.