Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include precise stellar radial velocities, novae, astronomical spectrographs and historical development of astrophysics.
- Hearnshaw JB. (2010) Cosmic Essays. Christchurch: 105.
- Hearnshaw JB. (2009) Astronomical Spectrographs and their History. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 240pp.
- Hearnshaw JB. (2005) The Measurement of Starlight: Two Centuries of Astronomical Photometry. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 511pp.
- Austin ME. and Hearnshaw JB. (2011) Lake Tekapo-Aoraki-Mt Cook Starlight Reserve. In Ruggles C; Cotte M (Ed.), Heritage Sites of Astronomy and Archaeoastronomy in the context of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention: 247-250. Paris: International Council for Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and the International Astronomical Union (IAU).
- Hearnshaw J. (2010) Life at an observatory. In Pullen L; Barrosa M; Christensen LL (Ed.), Postcards from the Edge of the Universe: 12-15. Garching: European Southern Observatory.