Professor and Head of SchoolJamie Shulmeister
Beatrice Tinsley Rm 203
Internal Phone: 90069
Paleoclimatology of the South Western Pacific Basin focusing on high resolution Late Quaternary terrestrial records using sedimentology and micropaleontology. Glacial geology and geochronological investigations of the timing, extent and nature of Southern Hemisphere glaciations. Development of quantitative (and qualitative) paleoclimate proxies. Quaternary coastal evolution and sea-level changes especially on gravel dominated sedimentary systems.
- Hansson A., Shulmeister J., Dargusch P. and Hill G. (2023) A review of factors controlling Southern Hemisphere treelines and the implications of climate change on future treeline dynamics. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 332 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2023.109375.
- Hansson A., Yang WH., Dargusch P. and Shulmeister J. (2023) Investigation of the Relationship Between Treeline Migration and Changes in Temperature and Precipitation for the Northern Hemisphere and Sub-regions. Current Forestry Reports 9(2): 72-100. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40725-023-00180-7.
- Slee A., Barrows TT., Shulmeister J., Gontz A., Kiernan K., Haworth R., Clark D. and Fifield LK. (2023) The age and paleoclimate implications of relict periglacial block deposits on the New England Tablelands, Australia. Quaternary Research (United States) 111: 121-137. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/qua.2022.32.
- Sun W., Zhang E., Shulmeister J. and Bird MI. (2023) Late Holocene climate change in northern Australia inferred from the archaeal lipids in Lake Barrine. Quaternary International 652: 33-40. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2023.01.012.
- Cowley D., Harris DL., Moss PT. and Shulmeister J. (2022) Beach narrowing on prograding coasts: Examples from the tropics to subtropics of eastern Australia. Geomorphology 401 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2022.108110.