Jacki joined the department as lecturer in Developmental Psychology in 2013 and was awarded a Health Research Council Emerging Research award in 2014, and the Health Research Council Celebrating Excellence in Research Award in 2016.
Jacki is accepting invitations of interest from postgraduate students interested in working with her on the Canterbury Methadone In Pregnancy Study adolescent follow-up in her Developmental lab while studying towards a Masters or PhD in Psychology.
Jacki is also welcoming interest in her Developmental Sleep programme working with her on a range of topics Families and infant sleep: the development of sleep self-regulation, attachment and temperament. The student will work in collaboration with another developmental study being conducted in the Department of Psychology. Other projects available also include sleep in older people; technology, psychological well-being and sleep across the lifespan; and management of infant and adolescent sleep problems.
- Lee SJ., Bora S., Austin NC., Westerman A. and Henderson JMT. (2019) Neurodevelopmental Outcomes of Children Born to Opioid-Dependent Mothers: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Academic Pediatrics http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2019.11.005.
- Lee SJ., Woodward LJ. and Henderson JMT. (2019) Educational achievement at age 9.5 years of children born to mothers maintained on methadone during pregnancy. PLoS ONE 14(10) http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0223685.
- Britt E., Macfarlane AH., Macfarlane SL., Naswall K. and Henderson J. (2017) Growing a Culturally Responsive Tertiary Programme in Psychology. Australian Journal of Indigenous Education : 13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/jie.2017.35.
- Henderson JM., Laird M., Woodward LJ., Davie-Gray A. and Bora S. (2017) Self-Regulation in Young Children Born to Opioid Dependent Mothers. Austin, Texas, USA: Society for Research in Child Development, 6-8 Apr 2017.
- Latu LVL., Brown JA. and Henderson J. (2017) Family structure and academic achievements of high school students in Tonga. Auckland: Joint Meeting of 10th Asian Regional Section (ARS) of the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC) and the NZ Statistical Association (NZSA), 10 Dec-14 Oct 2017.