Qualifications & Memberships
Professor Ian Shaw is highly regarded as an international expert on food safety and a passionate communicator of science. He has had over 20 years experience in academia, industry and government both in the UK and New Zealand, which includes chairing the UK Pesticide Residues Committee and working as the National Food Safety Programme Manager at the Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR), based in Christchurch.
- Panta G., Richardson AK. and Shaw IC. (2021) Quality of water for reprocessing of medical devices in healthcare facilities in Nepal. Journal of Water and Health 19(4): 682-686. http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/WH.2021.071.
- Shaw IC. (2021) Surgical mesh and cancer risk. Human and Experimental Toxicology 40(3): 550-552. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0960327120954245.
- Panta G., Richardson AK., Shaw IC. and Coope PA. (2020) Compliance of primary and secondary care public hospitals with standard practices for reprocessing and steam sterilization of reusable medical devices in Nepal: Findings from nation-wide multicenter clustered audits. BMC Health Services Research 20(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12913-020-05788-0.
- Rucklidge JJ. and Shaw IC. (2020) Are over-the-counter fish oil supplements safe, effective and accurate with labelling? Analysis of 10 New Zealand fish oil supplements. New Zealand Medical Journal 133(1522): 52-62.
- Ye H. and Shaw IC. (2020) Dietary isoflavone-induced, estrogen receptor-β-mediated proliferation of Caco-2 cells is modulated by gallic acid. Food and Chemical Toxicology 145 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2020.111743.