My research focuses on understanding the structure and dynamics of communities with the aim of testing and developing ecological theory that is fundamental for the effective management of ecosystems.
- Atkinson CL., Parr TB., van Ee BC., Knapp DD., Winebarger M., Madoni KJ. and Haag WR. (2020) Length-mass equations for freshwater unionid mussel assemblages: Implications for estimating ecosystem function. Freshwater Science 39(3): 377-390. http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/708950.
- Boddy NC., Fraley KM., Warburton HJ., Jellyman PG., Booker DJ., Kelly D. and McIntosh AR. (2020) Big impacts from small abstractions: The effects of surface water abstraction on freshwater fish assemblages. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems 30(1): 159-172. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/aqc.3232.
- Collins KE., Febria CM., Devlin HS., Hogsden KL., Warburton HJ., Goeller BC., McIntosh AR. and Harding JS. (2020) Trialling tools using hand-weeding, weed mat and artificial shading to control nuisance macrophyte growth at multiple scales in small agricultural waterways. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 54(3): 512-526. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288330.2020.1722185.
- Fraley KM., Warburton HJ., Jellyman PG., Kelly D. and McIntosh AR. (2020) Do body mass and habitat factors predict trophic position in temperate stream fishes? Freshwater Science 39(3): 000-000. http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/709131.
- Meijer CG., Warburton HJ. and McIntosh AR. (2020) Disentangling the multiple effects of stream drying and riparian canopy cover on the trophic ecology of a highly threatened fish. Freshwater Biology http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/fwb.13620.