My research focuses on understanding the structure and dynamics of communities with the aim of testing and developing ecological theory that is fundamental for the effective management of ecosystems.
- Boddy NC., Fraley KM., Warburton HJ., Jellyman PG., Booker DJ., Kelly D. and McIntosh AR. (2020) Big impacts from small abstractions: The effects of surface water abstraction on freshwater fish assemblages. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems 30(1): 159-172. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/aqc.3232.
- Collins KE., Febria CM., Devlin HS., Hogsden KL., Warburton HJ., Goeller BC., McIntosh AR. and Harding JS. (2020) Trialling tools using hand-weeding, weed mat and artificial shading to control nuisance macrophyte growth at multiple scales in small agricultural waterways. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288330.2020.1722185.
- Collins KE., Febria CM., Warburton HJ., Devlin HS., Hogsden KL., Goeller BC., McIntosh AR. and Harding JS. (2019) Evaluating practical macrophyte control tools on small agricultural waterways in Canterbury, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 53(2): 182-200. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288330.2018.1487454.
- Eveleens RA., McIntosh AR. and Warburton HJ. (2019) Interactive community responses to disturbance in streams: disturbance history moderates the influence of disturbance types. Oikos http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/oik.05868.
- Goeller BC., Febria CM., Warburton HJ., Hogsden KL., Collins KE., Devlin HS., Harding JS. and McIntosh AR. (2019) Springs drive downstream nitrate export from artificially-drained agricultural headwater catchments. Science of the Total Environment 671: 119-128. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.03.308.