My research focuses on understanding the structure and dynamics of communities with the aim of testing and developing ecological theory that is fundamental for the effective management of ecosystems.
- Collins KE., Febria CM., Warburton HJ., Devlin HS., Hogsden KL., Goeller BC., McIntosh AR. and Harding JS. (2019) Evaluating practical macrophyte control tools on small agricultural waterways in Canterbury, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 53(2): 182-200. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288330.2018.1487454.
- Eveleens RA., McIntosh AR. and Warburton HJ. (2019) Interactive community responses to disturbance in streams: disturbance history moderates the influence of disturbance types. Oikos http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/oik.05868.
- Goeller BC., Febria CM., Warburton HJ., Hogsden KL., Collins KE., Devlin HS., Harding JS. and McIntosh AR. (2019) Springs drive downstream nitrate export from artificially-drained agricultural headwater catchments. Science of the Total Environment 671: 119-128. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.03.308.
- Meijer CG., Warburton HJ., Harding JS. and McIntosh AR. (2019) Shifts in population size structure for a drying-tolerant fish in response to extreme drought. Austral Ecology 44(4): 658-667. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/aec.12709.
- Pomeranz JPF., Warburton HJ. and Harding JS. (2019) Anthropogenic mining alters macroinvertebrate size spectra in streams. Freshwater Biology 64(1): 81-92. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/fwb.13196.