My research focuses on understanding the structure and dynamics of communities with the aim of testing and developing ecological theory that is fundamental for the effective management of ecosystems.
- Collins KE., Febria CM., Warburton HJ., Devlin HS., Hogsden KL., Goeller BC., McIntosh AR. and Harding JS. (2018) Evaluating practical macrophyte control tools on small agricultural waterways in Canterbury, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research : 1-19. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288330.2018.1487454.
- Fraley KM., Warburton HJ., Jellyman PG., Kelly D. and McIntosh AR. (2018) Responsiveness of fish mass–abundance relationships and trophic metrics to flood disturbance, stream size, land cover and predator taxa presence in headwater streams. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 27(4): 999-1014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/eff.12410.
- McIntosh A., McHugh PA., Plank MJ., Jellyman PG., Warburton H. and Greig HS. (2018) Capacity to support predators scales with habitat size. Science Advances 4 eaap7523 http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.aap7523.
- Pomeranz JPF., Warburton HJ. and Harding JS. (2018) Anthropogenic mining alters macroinvertebrate size spectra in streams. Freshwater Biology http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/fwb.13196.
- O'Brien JM., Warburton HJ., Elizabeth Graham S., Franklin HM., Febria CM., Hogsden KL., Harding JS. and McIntosh AR. (2017) Leaf litter additions enhance stream metabolism, denitrification, and restoration prospects for agricultural catchments. Ecosphere 8(11) http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ecs2.2018.