Qualifications & Memberships
* post earthquake research in Canterbury, funded by the CEISMIC project for a study of mobile lives, and by a UC Earthquake Doctoral scholarship for a critical analysis of the role of service-learning in post disaster situations
* environmental histories of New Zealand: a team project of that name published in 2002 and being revised for re-publication, and a Marsden funded investigation assessing processes of transformation of New Zealand's landscapes into exotic grasslands within an imperial trading network
* rural landscapes and biological economies: a Marsden funded project assessing the creation of new values in the food and fibre industries in the New Zealand countryside (specifically Central Otago and Hawkes Bay) and the potential for moving beyond commodity production into added value activities
* scholarship of learning and teaching, specifically critical assessment of the role and place of active learning pedagogies such as service-learning, problem-based learning and their internationalisation
- Bedford R., Kearns R., Kennedy D., Le Heron R., Longhurst R., Mansvelt J., Pawson E., Peace R. and Roche M. (2020) The New Zealand Geographer reaches 75. New Zealand Geographer 76(2): 93-99. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nzg.12266.
- Pawson E. (2020) We are here. An atlas of Aotearoa. ChrisMcDowall and TimDenee. Massey University Press, Auckland, 2019. 240 pp. ISBN 978‐0‐9941415‐3‐8. New Zealand Geographer 76(1): 88-89. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nzg.12255.
- Fitt H., Curl A., Dionisio MR., Ahuriri-Driscoll A. and Pawson E. (2019) Considering the wellbeing implications for an ageing population of a transition to automated vehicles. Research in Transportation Business and Management 30 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2019.100382.
- Pawson E. (2019) Peter Holland, 1939-2019 OBITUARY. NEW ZEALAND GEOGRAPHER 75(2): 101-105. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nzg.12227.
- Pawson E. and Poskitt M. (2019) Taking ownership: active learning and student engagement. In Walkington H; Hill J; Dyer S (Ed.), Handbook for teaching and learning in geography: 329-341. Cheltenham UK: Edward Elgar Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.4337/9781788116497.