Qualifications, Memberships & Awards
* post earthquake research in Canterbury, funded by the CEISMIC project for a study of mobile lives, and by a UC Earthquake Doctoral scholarship for a critical analysis of the role of service-learning in post disaster situations
* environmental histories of New Zealand: a team project of that name published in 2002 and being revised for re-publication, and a Marsden funded investigation assessing processes of transformation of New Zealand's landscapes into exotic grasslands within an imperial trading network
* rural landscapes and biological economies: a Marsden funded project assessing the creation of new values in the food and fibre industries in the New Zealand countryside (specifically Central Otago and Hawkes Bay) and the potential for moving beyond commodity production into added value activities
* scholarship of learning and teaching, specifically critical assessment of the role and place of active learning pedagogies such as service-learning, problem-based learning and their internationalisation
- Panjaitan B., Gomez C. and Pawson E. (2017) Potential coping capacities to avoid tsunamis in Mentawai. In AIP Conference Proceedings 1857 http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4987108.
- Pawson E. (2017) Ecological imperialism. International Encyclopaedia of Geography: 1-9.Association of American Geographers/Wiley. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9781118786352.wbieg0681.
- Pawson E. and Christensen AA. (2017) Environmental history. International Encyclopaedia of Geography: 1-9.Association of American Geographers/Wiley. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9781118786352.wbieg0899.
- Pawson E. and Perkins HC. (2017) New Zealand going global: The emerging relationships economy. Asia Pacific Viewpoint 58(3): 257-272. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/apv.12170.
- Dionisio MR. and Pawson E. (2016) Building resilience through post-disaster community projects: Responses to the 2010 and 2011 Christchurch earthquakes and 2011 Tōhoku tsunami. Australasian Journal of Disaster and Trauma Studies 20(2) 6: 107-116. http://trauma.massey.ac.nz/issues/2016-2/AJDTS_20-2_Dionisio.pdf.