Associate ProfessorDean Sutherland
Internal Phone: 95090
Research interests are:
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication Technology and Strategies
- Deaf and Hearing Impairment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sutherland DE. (2006) Phonological representations, phonological awareness, and print decoding ability in children with moderate to severe speech impairment. Christchurch, New Zealand. University of Canterbury.
- White J., Sutherland D. and Tesar M. (2023) Re/sponse-able Visual Ethics for Education: Editorial. Video Journal of Education and Pedagogy 50(10): 1-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/23644583-08010001.
- Elliott C., Sutherland D., Gerhard D. and Theys C. (2022) An evaluation of the P300 Brain Computer Interface, EyeLink Board and Eye Tracking Camera as Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2022_JSLHR-21-00572.
- Henderson-Faranda N., Newbury J. and Sutherland D. (2022) Using computer assisted instruction to improve reading comprehension of children on the autism spectrum: a pilot study. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties.
- Newbury J., Sutherland D., Schroeter K. and Thomson J. (2022) Evidence for use of the Quick Interactive Language Screener (QUILS) to measure the relationship between socioeconomic status and language development: Commentary. Evidence-Based Communication Assessment and Intervention.