Adjunct Senior FellowDavid Collings
Julius von Haast 635
Internal Phone: 4662
Qualifications & Memberships
My primary research interest is the functional organisation of plant cells. This research makes extensive use of advanced methods in light microscopy, including the confocal imaging of living cells expressing green fluorescent protein (GFP) and of immunolabelled material.
- Collings DA., Gerrard JA. and Garrill A. (2019) Shaking up biology–our experiences teaching cell biology and biochemistry to a first year undergraduate class through the Canterbury (New Zealand) earthquakes. Journal of Biological Education 53(3): 236-249. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00219266.2018.1472134.
- Mishra G., Collings DA. and Altaner CM. (2018) Cell organelles and fluorescence of parenchyma cells in Eucalyptus bosistoana sapwood and heartwood investigated by microscopy. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 48(1) 13: 10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40490-018-0118-6.
- Mishra G., Collings DA. and Altaner CM. (2018) Physiological changes during heartwood formation in young Eucalyptus bosistoana trees. IAWA Journal 39(4): 382-394. http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/22941932-20170210.
- Collings DA., Garrill A. and Johnston L. (2017) Student application for special consideration for examination performance following a natural disaster. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education : 260-271. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02602938.2017.1332755.
- Stainton D., Martin DP., Collings DA. and Varsani A. (2017) Comparative analysis of common regions found in babuviruses and alphasatellite molecules. Archives of Virology 162(3): 849-855. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00705-016-3168-1.