My research is focused on the development of new synthetic methods and strategies that are intended for application in early-stage drug discovery efforts. I am especially interested in identifying enabling synthetic chemistries that can increase the versatility of fragment based-drug discovery (FBDD) programmes. Such synthetic technologies may ensure that fragments can be advanced towards higher affinity compounds (e.g. leads, drugs and chemical tools) in predictable, modular, and additive ways.
Go to this link for my personal website: https://foleynz.wixsite.com/foleylab
- Blackie AC. and Foley DJ. (2022) Exploring the roles of the Cdc2-like kinases in cancers. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry 70 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2022.116914.
- Foley DJ. and Waldmann H. (2022) Ketones as strategic building blocks for the synthesis of natural product-inspired compounds. Chemical Society Reviews 51(10): 4094-4120. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/d2cs00101b.
- Caplin MJ. and Foley DJ. (2021) Emergent synthetic methods for the modular advancement of sp3-rich fragments. Chemical Science 12(13): 4646-4660. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/d1sc00161b.
- Grigalunas M., Burhop A., Zinken S., Pahl A., Gally JM., Wild N., Mantel Y., Sievers S., Foley DJ. and Scheel R. (2021) Natural product fragment combination to performance-diverse pseudo-natural products. Nature Communications 12(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-22174-4.
- Karageorgis G., Foley DJ., Laraia L., Brakmann S. and Waldmann H. (2021) Pseudo Natural Products—Chemical Evolution of Natural Product Structure. Angewandte Chemie - International Edition 60(29): 15705-15723. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.202016575.