Why UC Science?
At UC Science you decide where you’re going – our job is to help you get there. We offer heaps of options and flexibility, state-of-the-art facilities, amazing research opportunities and passionate, world-recognised lecturers.
What’s on offer:
- A wide range of internationally-recognised science qualifications – some unique in Australasia
- You’ll ‘do science’ right from the first semester of your first year
- The most field stations of any New Zealand university, from New Zealand to Nigeria!
- Like-minded people and leading researchers to teach and mentor you
- Practical and clinical learning experiences, research projects, lab and field work
- Global study experiences, including exchanges to partner universities
We offer world leading education qualifications, illustrated by our international accreditation from the Royal Society of Biology (RSB) in the UK for the major in Biological Sciences and accreditation for the Bachelor of Environmental Science with Honours from the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ).
The UC Science experience
You’ll have more hands-on practical and clinical learning experiences in lectures, labs, at our field stations and on work experience.
Our interdisciplinary approach to science creates more potential pathways and enables you to delve deeper or broaden your study options.
UC is the most research-intensive university in New Zealand. You’ll learn from passionate people who are leading the way with their research.
Christchurch and Canterbury are a living laboratory. You can see and study science in action, from the mountains to the sea and stars.