Support for Researchers
The role of Research & Innovation is to provide end-to-end services which facilitate and support all stages of research and innovation development, from initial funding through to commercialisation, where appropriate.
Research & Innovation provides support and assistance to the University's academic staff in their quest for research funding and other support. The unit is the University's liaison with funding bodies, industry and business, and oversees all contracts relating to research, consultancy and commercialisation.
Our range of services includes
- Identifying, advertising, and assisting staff to apply for research funding, awards, and fellowships
- Facilitating Māori engagement and providing professional development for the University’s research community in mātauranga Māori. This activity is primarily led by the Kaiārahi Rangahau Māori (see Māori Research Partnerships)
- Setting up and managing processes in research project management, including budgets, contracts, research monitoring and reporting requirements
- Providing, advocating, and notifying research- and researcher- development opportunities, and providing key strategy documents and other resources to guide research investment
- Assisting connectivity to establish research and commercialisation partnerships in Canterbury, throughout New Zealand and globally
- Guiding and advising on PBRF (Performance-Based Research Funding) assessment processes
- Providing quality data analysis and reporting to inform the University’s approach to optimising its participation in university rankings schema, including PBRF
- Providing research management systems oversight, verification of research outputs and user support for Elements and Profiler
- Identifying, reporting, and monitoring the real-world impact of UC’s research and commercialisation activities